About The Lump City Miner (Lump City, Mont.) 1895-1895
- Dates available on this site:
- Jan. 5, 1895-Dec. 28, 1895
- Dates published:
- Geographic coverage:
- Contributing institution:
- Jefferson County Museum, Clancy, Montana
Williams and Sons published the first issue of The Lump City Miner on January 5, 1895, envisioning Lump City (or Lump Gulch) as the “next Butte.” By the end of 1895, the publishers viewed Clancy as the town with a brighter future and moved operations there, changing the paper to The Clancy Miner with the January 4, 1896, issue. Throughout its run, the paper covered mining news and general topics and promoted both Lump City and Clancy.
- Copyright Information:
- This content is in the public domain.
- Catalog Record (MARC)