About Ksanka Annex (Eureka, Mont.) 1940-1943
- Dates available on this site:
- Oct. 9, 1940-May 10, 1943
- Dates published:
- Frequency varies 1940-1943
- Geographic coverage:
- Contributing institution:
- Lincoln County High School Library, Eureka, Montana
Eureka, Montana, didn‘t always have a community newspaper. For many years, the Lincoln County High School student newspaper served the area, publishing biweekly during the school year. In addition to school news, the Evergreen and the Ksanka Annex carried community stories and ads as well as editorials; farm, ranch and logging reports; and Libby Dam preconstruction news. Local births and deaths were news items, along with club meetings, accidents, weddings and hunting successes. These newspapers were vital to the Tobacco Valley of Northwest Montana, and today much of the history of this area is preserved in these student publications.
- Copyright Information:
- © Eureka Public Schools, Eureka, Montana. Used with permission.
- Catalog Record (MARC)