About Mount Saint Charles Scholastic (Helena, Mont.) 1912-1916
- Dates available on this site:
- July 1, 1912-July 1, 1916
- Dates published:
- Frequency varies 1912-1916
- Geographic coverage:
- Contributing institution:
- Corette Library, Carroll College, Helena, Montana
From its founding in 1909 until 1932, Carroll College was Mount St. Charles College. The college's student-produced newspaper began publication in 1911 as the Mount Saint Charles Scholastic, continuing in 1916 as The Prospector. Until 1922, the paper consisted of articles on historical and contemporary topics, poetry, and a small amount of local news and reportage on College athletics. From September 1975 through April 1977 the newspaper changed its name to The Tumbleweed; it resumed as The Prospector in September 1977. The newspaper is not published during the summer and has been issued irregularly, with anywhere from two to twelve issues within the academic year.
- Copyright Information:
- © Carroll College, Helena, MT. Used with permission.
- Catalog Record (MARC)