About The Daily Rustler (Miles City, Mont.) 1883-1884
- Dates available on this site:
- May 31, 1883-Aug. 15, 1883
- Dates published:
- Geographic coverage:
- Contributing institution:
- Montana Historical Society
Miles City in the 1880s was the northernmost stop on a major cattle trail, attracting cowboys, with pay in hand, at the end of each cattle drive. These are the only two issues of the Rustler known to survive. In 1884, the paper was moved to Billings and rechristened The Billings Rustler. It eventually merged with The Billings Herald, the Post, and the Montana Stock Gazette to form The Daily Gazette.
- Copyright Information:
- This content is in the public domain.
- sn 84036113
- Catalog Record (MARC)