About The Choteau Acantha (Choteau, Mont.) 1904-current
- Dates available on this site:
- March 24, 1904-Dec. 29, 2010
- Dates published:
- Geographic coverage:
- Contributing institution:
- Choteau/Teton Public Library, Choteau, Montana
Teton County's history officially begins in 1893 with its founding. A region of diverse terrain nestled against the eastern edge of the Rocky Mountains, its actual history stretches over 80 million years: it rests on the fossil bed of an ancient inland sea. Today it features rich farmland and six small townships. Five newspapers, the Choteau Calumet, Choteau Acantha, Montanian, Teton Chronicle and Montanan, have kept the residents of the county informed on local, national, and worldwide events. The Calumet, which was first published four years before Montana achieved statehood, is an excellent place to begin exploring this county’s rich history.
- Copyright Information:
- Issues published prior to 1925 are in the public domain. Issues published in 1925 or later, © Choteau Acantha Publishing Inc., Choteau, MT. Used with permission.
- sn 85053032
- Catalog Record (MARC)