About Daily Tribune-Examiner (Dillon, Mont.) 1971-1973
- Dates available on this site:
- March 10, 1971-Nov. 30, 1973
- Dates published:
- Daily (except Sat. & Sun.)
- Geographic coverage:
- Contributing institution:
- Carson Library, University of Montana Western, Dillon, Montana
Beaverhead County in southwestern Montana was founded in 1865. The largest county by area in Montana, it consists of 5,572 square miles. The county is named for a rock formation that the Shoshone described as being shaped like a beaver's head. The original county seat was the gold-mining town of Bannack. In 1881 it was moved to Dillon. Beaverhead County is one of the largest cattle and hay producing areas in the state. The county has had a number of newspapers in its history, with the Tribune starting in 1881 and continuing today.
- Copyright Information:
- © Yellowstone Newspaper Group, Livingston, MT. Used with permission.
- sn 85053036
- Catalog Record (MARC)