About Sanders County Democrat (Plains, Mont.) 1909-1910
- Dates available on this site:
- Dec. 3, 1909-Dec. 30, 1910
- Dates published:
- Geographic coverage:
- Contributing institution:
- Thompson Falls Public Library, Thompson Falls, Montana
For centuries, wild horses congregated on a snowless, protected pasture on the Clark Fork River. Eventually, the site became a well-used wintering site for the horses of Native Americans and trappers. The town was incorporated as Horse Plains, the name only being shortened in 1883 with the arrival of the railroad. In addition to its News of the Town and Local Notes, as well as some editorial statements, in Notes Selected for Busy Readers, the Democrat and the Signal reprinted news items from Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana newspapers.
- Copyright Information:
- This content is in the public domain.
- sn 85053239
- Catalog Record (MARC)