About The Wickes Pioneer (Wickes, Mont.) 1895-1896
- Dates available on this site:
- Aug. 10, 1895-April 25, 1896
- Dates published:
- Geographic coverage:
- Contributing institution:
- Jefferson County Museum, Clancy, Montana
The town of Wickes started as a mining camp in the late-1800s, supporting the silver mines in the area. R. G. Bailey published the first issue of the Wickes Pioneer on August 10, 1895, to meet the demands of the town’s growing number of residents. Topics covered include mining, gossip, general news, and a particular focus on local, regional, and national silver news. The Pioneer stopped publication in 1896, its last issue noting that a lack of support from town residents would spell the end of the paper.
- Copyright Information:
- This content is in the public domain.
- sn 85053310
- Catalog Record (MARC)