About The Moore Independent (Moore, Mont.) 1915-1931
- Dates available on this site:
- Dec. 8, 1921-Jan. 1, 1931
- Dates published:
- Geographic coverage:
- Contributing institution:
- Lewistown Public Library, Lewistown, Montana
The Moore Independent published weekly from 1915 to 1931. “It is a very attractive journal,” announced the the Fergus County Democrat in 1915. “[It is] making a fine showing typographically and is filled with news of general interest. Frank C. Marshall, who formerly owned the Roy Enterprise, is the publisher. He has the advantage of not being affiliated with any particular clique or faction, and announces that the policy of the Independent will be to seek the friendship of all and to working unceasingly for the general welfare of Moore.” The town of Moore, located 15 miles southwest of Lewistown, boasted 600 residents in 1920, when Joel R. Overholser was publisher. Overholser went on to become the influential long-time editor of The River Press in Fort Benton, Montana.
- Copyright Information:
- All content published 1925 and earlier is in the public domain. Issues published 1926-1963 are in the public domain but may have material that was copyrighted separately. This material will have a © or say copyright with year and is still protected.
- sn 85053320
- Catalog Record (MARC)