About Eye Opener (Butte, Mont.) 193?-1941
- Dates available on this site:
- May 16, 1934-April 11, 1941
- Dates published:
- Geographic coverage:
- Contributing institution:
- Butte Silver Bow Archives, Butte, Montana and Montana State Library, Helena, Montana
Published in Butte, the Eye Opener ran from the early-1930s to 1941 as an alternative to the city’s other newspapers, the Montana Standard and the Butte Daily Post. The paper focused on labor and union news, as well as politics. It also covered news about mining and business in Butte and other parts of Montana. Charles A. Hauswirth, the Eye Opener’s publisher, also served as Mayor of Butte from 1935 to 1941, winning election on the Republican ticket in the heavily-Democratic city. He served three terms and died just a week after being reelected to a fourth term in office in April 1941. The paper ended publication upon his death.
- Copyright Information:
- This content may be under copyright protection. Follow this link for more information.
- sn 86075138
- Catalog Record (MARC)