About Grass Range Review (Grass Range, Mont.) 1912-1942
- Dates available on this site:
- April 19, 1917-Nov. 26, 1942
- Dates published:
- Geographic coverage:
- Contributing institution:
- Grass Range Community Foundation, Grass Range, Montana
John M. Vrooman and Butte Tipton, two men with long newspaper careers, established the Grass Range Review in 1913. Unusually, the Grass Range Review remained on good terms with its fellow Fergus County newspapers, especially The Fergus County Argus, perhaps because John Vrooman was one of the founders of the Argus back in 1886. When Vrooman and his sons bought out Tipton in 1915, he would go on to found newspapers in Baker, Gilt Edge, Glentana and Jordan. In 1929 John Vrooman died leaving his sons Randall, known as Bing, and John E., known as Jack, to take over the Grass Range Review. In 1942, they moved to Washington State, and the newspaper closed forever.
- Copyright Information:
- This content may be under copyright protection. Follow this link for more information.
- sn 86075151
- Catalog Record (MARC)