About Sanders County Ledger (Thompson Falls, Mont.) 1959-current
- Dates available on this site:
- Jan. 29, 1959-Dec. 29, 1977
- Dates published:
- Geographic coverage:
- Contributing institution:
- Thompson Falls Public Library, Thompson Falls, Montana
The Sanders County Ledger published its first issue on February 24, 1905, just 17 days after the creation of Sanders County. On January 17, 1918, the newspaper’s name changed to The Sanders County Independent Ledger after a merger with The Independent-Enterprise. In both incarnations, the paper’s focus was on boasting for Sanders County and reporting on local news, which is particularly evident during World War II.
- Copyright Information:
- Issues published 1924-1977 are in the public domain but may have material that was copyrighted separately. This material will have a © or say copyright with year and is still protected under copyright law.
- sn 86075283
- Catalog Record (MARC)