About The Flathead Courier (Polson, Mont.) 1910-current
- Dates available on this site:
- April 14, 1910-Oct. 30, 1980
- Dates published:
- Weekly Mar. 3, 1938-
- Geographic coverage:
- Contributing institution:
- North Lake County Public Library, Polson, Montana
Early-day Polson, Montana, located on the shores of Flathead Lake, boasted two weekly newspapers, The Flathead Courier and The Lake Shore Sentinel. Their stories, pictures, and ads give a clear glimpse into Lake County life during the early years of the twentieth century. Both newspapers show the vibrant history of this prospering region. In 1911, the Sentinel consolidated with the Courier. World news continued to mingle with editorials, homesteading news, school happenings, births and deaths, and farm and ranch news, along with details like stage coach and ferry schedules. In 1990, the Courier was merged with two other newspapers to form The Lake County Leader.
- Copyright Information:
- Issues published prior to 1964 are in the public domain or no copyright holder could be positively determined. Issues published from 1964 to 1980 are used with permission.
- sn 86075296
- Catalog Record (MARC)